Ministry of Education introduces pilot program Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 17 Jul 2015 – Twenty young people between 18 and 25 years old will fill the halls of Parliament when the country celebrates National Youth Week in September and yesterday the Minister of Youth, Hon Akierra Misick led a team in re-launching the National Youth Parliament. Hon Clarence Selver and Hon Ruth Blackman reinstated the TCI’s youth program with the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association and will head up training of the young people selected to represent as House members, House speaker and Deputy, Premier, Deputy Premier and even as the Governor. There will be a full scale opening of parliament which Minister Misick said will include the Cadets.Youth Director, Jasmine Parker and Senior Program Officer, Nixon Dickenson will join in a media campaign to promote the opportunity and Minister Misick shared they are not searching on partisan lines, not on the hunt for only academic achievers but will be moved by passionate candidates who will be able to join actual parliamentary committees and make real contributions to provoke thought within the electorate. National Youth Week 2016 Education Minister touts new ICT platform for Public Schools Related Items:akierra missick, clarence selver, jasmine parker, national youth week, nixon dickenson, youth parliament Recommended for you
Recommended for you American tourist claims #MeToo after alleged sexual assault in Grand Turk Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppNassau, Bahamas, February 10, 2017 – The proposal is for The Bahamas to now have 39 constituencies, no loner 38 and that is partly due to the fact that the population in Nassau has swelled by a huge 6.9% in just five years.Of the 39 seats, Nassau will now have 24, Freeport remains with five and the Family Islands with 10. The new constituency is called St Barnabas and takes 11 polling stations from surrounding areas including Ft. Charlotte, Centerville and Englerston. It includes Wulff Road, East Street, Thompson Boulevard, Lightbourne Avenue, Maxwell Avenue and Haven Avenue.The Revision of Boundaries and Re-Distribution of Seats Order 2017 which was tabled in the House on Thursday, also offers that the constituency we know as Montagu in Nassau should be changed to Freetown.#MagnetiMediaNews Multi-millionaire Barbados businessmen arrested in $3m drug bust, yacht suspected in drug trafficking Sint Maarten to close Kim Sha Marketplace to make way for future construction Related Items:#magnetimedianews
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, November 15, 2017 – Nassau – Next time you are tempted to give your child extra time in front of a screen, don’t. “TVs, tablets, and smart phones are no substitute for parenting, they are only tools,” says Lashan McKenzie, M.D. “A tablet never raised a child.”Dr. McKenzie is a pediatrician who spent seven years in the public health system before joining The Wellness Clinic on Collins Avenue, a team of wellness medical and lifestyle professionals headed by Arlington Lightbourne, M.D.“It was the time I spent in clinics throughout Nassau that opened my eyes to the problem of pediatric obesity, and the major issues confronting us because of an increasingly inactive and underactive population,” said Dr. McKenzie, DM, who took up her post in the private sector last month.Her passion about getting even the youngest child engaged, outside and off electronics is matched only by the reality she has seen and treated when physical activity is superseded by sedentary.“I watched an 8-month-old get on Youtube,” she said. “The parents thought their child was a genius. He pressed the button, Mom put on the ‘kiddie’ show he was watching before, he repeated the action. It was rote memory and yes, it was cute, but it was not healthy learning or development. All it was doing was conditioning his brain to achieve the reward of praise by pushing a button,” says Dr. McKenzie, who fears what the future holds for a generation of electronically addicted children.“I know that parents mean well and they are proud when their son or daughter shows ability on electronics that many people far older than they would struggle with, but I just want to make those caring parents aware that there is a price that comes with too much screen time,” said Dr. McKenzie.One of her greatest worries is that connected with the misuse and overuse of electronics is casual, almost absent-minded eating.“Kids graze all day,” she notes. Her recommendation – try to have at least one structured family meal a day without any screen time. “Parents have the responsibility of being media mentors for their children. It takes some level of commitment, but parents are the best teachers. Make reading fun from infancy, encourage children to imagine, play board games, solve puzzles, listen to music, play an instrument, join a team, and do activities outside.”At The Wellness Clinic located south of Doctors Hospital, Dr. McKenzie said she has the support of a full team dedicated to healthy lifestyle. Among the team are nutritionist and lifestyle coach Justice Brown, a strong support staff, a healthy cleaning service using all nature-based products and at the helm, Dr. Lightbourne who also turned to wellness after years of witnessing and treating the results of poor lifestyle choices ending in too many crises cases in the emergency room.“Wellness is not a place, it is a journey,” said Dr. Lightbourne, “and we are delighted that Dr. McKenzie who is eminently qualified to serve in the capacity of pediatric wellness specialist is joining the journey, especially as it relates to childhood obesity. The goal is to try to save the next generation of Bahamians. We know that goal is ambitious, but we also believe it is necessary. Wellness is not a luxury. We are talking about survival.” Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:
The change will affect devices running Android 7 and up, which accounts for half of all Android users. James Martin/CNET Your Android passwords could one day go the way of the floppy disk. Google and the Fast Identity Online Alliance said Monday that Android is now FIDO2-certified, meaning its devices can use fingerprints and security keys for logging in to accounts instead of passwords. The certification was unveiled at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain.The change will only affect devices running Android 7 and up, which accounts for half of all Android users. Nothing is needed for the billion Android devices to get the added security. It’ll be available out of the box or with an automatic Google Play Services update, the FIDO Alliance said.Using fingerprints or security keys as passwords was already available for a handful of apps on Android, primarily for banking and other financial services. The change opens security features to any Android developer, allowing for password-less logins on the operating system’s mobile browser and apps.Passwords are the keys to your digital lives, allowing access to accounts managing your finances, your social life and more. The problem is, they aren’t very secure gatekeeper because hackers can easily steal your credentials and sell them in data dumps. They’re even more ineffective if you use the same password for multiple accounts, as highlighted by reports that TurboTax account information was accessed using passwords from other accounts. The Best Password Managers of 2019 Comments Mobile World Congress 2019 Jun 1 • The Nubia Alpha looks like either a house arrest bracelet or Batman’s phone Jun 29 • Galaxy S10 5G, OnePlus 7 Pro LG V50 ThinQ 5G: Why you shouldn’t rush to buy a 5G phone May 13 • Galaxy S10E vs. iPhone XR: Every spec compared Tags Here’s how to use Google’s Password Checkup tool Jul 9 • Killer cameras and battery life might meet their match in the Note 10 Google Computers have also become so powerful that they can easily guess complicated passwords within a matter of hours by entering every possible combination.That’s why security industry professionals want to move past passwords, using tools like biometrics and security keys instead. Unlike passwords, fingerprints and security keys are much harder to steal online, and with the FIDO2 standard, they’re protected against phishing attacks. “With this news from Google, the number of users with FIDO Authentication capabilities has grown dramatically and decisively,” Brett McDowell, executive director of the FIDO Alliance, said in a statement. “Together with the leading web browsers that are already FIDO2 compliant, now is the time for website developers to free their users from the risk and hassle of passwords and integrate FIDO Authentication today.”Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox already support the FIDO2 standard.The security standard checks when you log in to make sure it’s the real page and not a fake site designed to fool you. Hackers frequently spoof pages as Google showcased several fake support pages that looked identical to the real ones. In a 2016 survey from TeleSign, the security company found that 72 percent of companies plan to stop using passwords in the next 10 years, moving to biometrics and two-factor authentication. It’s the same vision for Google, which created its own security key in July, and experts believe fingerprints are the most popular replacement for passwords. Now playing: Watch this: Mobile Security Related Content Share your voice • See All 52 Mobile World Congress 2019 reading • Google looks to leave passwords behind for a billion Android devices 1:15
HD Kumaraswamy with his wife and son along with DK Suresh posing for the camera after casting votes.HD Kumaraswamy Twitter AccountThe BJP is set to register its best-ever performance in the Lok Sabha elections in Karnataka. If we go by the early trends, the saffron party is leading in 23 seats, which eventually could come as a deathly blow to the Congress-JD (S) alliance on its first anniversary.Till the story went for publishing, Congress was leading in three seats – Bangalore Rural, Bangalore Central and Chamarajanagar, while JD (S) was leading in only in Haasan constituency. There is a neck-to-neck fight between JD (S) candidate Nikhil Gowda and independent candidate Sumalatha in Mandya.The heavyweights of Congress and JD(S) like Mallikarjun Kharge (Kalaburagi), who had won 10 consecutive elections, former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda (Tumakuru), former Chief Minister Veerappa Moily (Chikkaballapur)and KH Muniyappa (Kolar) are trailing.If these trends are final, it is going to adversely impact the JD(S) and Congress government, which completes one year in office on May 23. Ironically, the oath-taking ceremony of HD Kumaraswamy had become a platform for all the opposition parties to display their unity of strength against Narendra Modi’s BJP. With state BJP chief BS Yeddyurappa constantly claiming that 20 MLAs from the opposition parties are in touch with him and would join the BJP any time, the fate of the government might be in jeopardy and political pundits have already predicted that the alliance might fall soon.
Zakia Sultana Rupa. Prothom Alo File PhotoA Tangail court on Wednesday rejected the bail pleas of five accused in a case filed over the killing of college girl Zakia Sultana Rupa after gang rape in a running bus in Madhupur upazila of the district.|Senior judicial magistrate Golam Kibria passed the order when Advocate Fayezur Rahman filed the bail petitions.The five accused are bus driver Habibur, its supervisor Safar Ali, and helpers Shamim, Akram and Jahangir.Rupa, 27, a law student, was murdered after gang rape in the running bus while she was returning to Mymensingh from Bogra on 25 August.Police recovered the bloodstained body from Panchmail area of the upazila on that night.Following post-mortem, she was buried at central graveyard of the town as unclaimed body. Later, victim’s relatives identified her seeing her photograph.On 28 August, police arrested the five accused from Mymensingh over the murder of Rupa.On 31 August, police exhumed the victim’s body and handed it over to her family for burial in a proper manner.Rupa, who completed her Masters from Bogra Azizul Haque College, was studying law at Dhaka Ideal Law College. She used to work at Unilever Bangladesh Limited at its Sherpur branch.
Daga SamitowskaLamont “U-God” Hawkins, an original member of the iconic rap group the Wu-Tang Clan.The Wu-Tang Clan is widely regarded as one of the greatest hip-hop groups of all time. And now, one its founding members is telling his story.Lamont “U-God” Hawkins had a pretty rough life growing up before making it big. In his new memoir, Raw: My Journey into the Wu-Tang, he tells a lot of his personal story – from growing up in the projects, to selling drugs in New York City, to serving time — and how that all fueled his desire – and that of the other Wu-Tang members – to make it.In the audio above, U-God tells Houston Matters producer Michael Hagerty how everything he went through as a young man gave him the drive to make something of himself.He appears at a Brazos Bookstore event on Tuesday, March 12. Share
The Void is coming to San Francisco: The location-based VR startup is getting ready to open a new outpost in the Westfield San Francisco Centre mall on the city’s busy Market street this summer, Variety has learned. There’s no word on the exact launch date; The Void didn’t immediately respond to Variety’s request for comment.The Void hasn’t officially announced the planned San Francisco location yet, but its future outpost near the Westfield food court already features posters teasing a summer launch.The Void is one of a number of startups operating ticketed VR experiences in malls and movie theaters around the world. The company currently operates 11 such locations, with VR centers in Las Vegas, Santa Monica, Calif. and Toronto. It has announced plans to launch additional locations in Hollywood, New York, Washington, D.C. and elsewhere. Popular on Variety ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 The company has partnered with Disney and Lucasfilm’s ILMxLab on a number of location-based VR experiences, including “Ralph Breaks VR” and “Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire.” In addition, it has also produced some original content in-house, like its horror-themed “Nicodemus” experience. All three were featured in posters at its future SF location.
Kolkata: The Special Task Force of Kolkata Police on Thursday nabbed two persons and seized Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) worth Rs 7 lakh from them at Hare Street. The duo has been produced before the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate’s (CMM) Court, Calcutta.According to sources, police officers recently got a tip-off that a few people were planning to make some deal in fake currency notes at Hare Street. Based on the information, STF officers were keeping an eye on the area. On Wednesday evening, they noticed two persons were roaming aimlessly in the area and one of them was carrying a bag. On suspicion, they detained the duo. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata BoseThe duo allegedly tried to mislead the police by stating that they were searching for an address. One of them said he was from Malda. Hearing this, STF sleuths grew suspicious. Immediately the bag which they were carrying was searched and a considerable amount of fake currency notes were found. Immediately, the duo identified as Razzak Shaikh of Baishnabnagar in Malda and Vikash Kumar Gautam alias Vikash Kumar Lodi alias Sunil of Unnao from Uttar Pradesh were taken to the STF office in Lalbazar. Later, it was found that they were carrying 350 fake notes of Rs 2000 denomination. The duo was arrested immediately. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataSTF sleuths suspect that the duo was working as carriers of FICN. Sources informed that the duo would be interrogated to find out who was the prospected receiver of the FICN seized. Sleuths will also try to identify who gave them the fake notes. The duo has been booked under Sections of 489B IPC (using as genuine, forged or counterfeit currency-notes or bank-notes), 489C IPC (possession of forged or counterfeit currency-notes or bank-notes) and 120B IPC (punishment of criminal conspiracy).