Newcomer Antonio Brown scores as Patriots beat Dolphins 43-0

first_imgMatteo Guidicelli had saved up for Sarah G’s ring since 2014? Duterte calls himself, Go, Cayetano ‘the brightest stars’ in PH politics Belichick didn’t let up against Flores, his former assistant. Brady’s passing sparked a 59-yard drive for the final touchdown with 2:10 left.“Last year it came down to 60 minutes of football,” Brady said. “We were talking about 60 minutes of football, and that’s what it took.”The defending Super Bowl champions won for only the second time in their past seven trips to Miami, and avenged a loss in 2018 on a last-second pass and double lateral.Brady tied George Blanda for the second-most regular-season wins in the NFL with 209. Adam Vinatieri began the weekend first with 215 wins.HOW DO YOU DO?Brown celebrated his touchdown by leaping into the seats, where he landed on an 18-year-old college student wearing a Brady jersey.“I was really excited,” said the spectator, Jenna Saadah, attending her first football game. “The fact that it was the Patriots team that scored a touchdown, it was mind-blowing.”INJURIESThe Patriots’ battered offensive line was dealt another blow when left tackle Isaiah Wynn left in the first half with a foot injury. Marshall Newhouse replaced him.DISGRUNTLED DEFENDER One thing Brown didn’t do was talk to reporters after the game. The NFL allowed the four-time All-Pro receiver to play despite a civil lawsuit filed Tuesday by his former trainer accusing him of sexually assaulting her on three occasions. Brown has denied the allegations.New England’s defense outscored Miami with interception returns for touchdowns of 54 yards by Stephon Gilmore and 69 yards by Jamie Collins Sr. The Patriots totaled seven sacks and four interceptions and earned their most lopsided win in the 108-game history of the series.“The defense was spectacular,” Brady said.He threw for 264 yards and two scores for the Pats, who are 2-0 for the first time since 2016, winning by a combined score of 76-3.The Dolphins are 0-2 for only the second time since 2012, with their losses by a combined score of 102-10.“It’s never fun to be embarrassed,” Miami quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said, “especially two weeks in a row at home.”Fitzpatrick threw for 89 yards and was intercepted three times. Josh Rosen replaced him and went seven for 18 for 97 yards and one interception.Coach Brian Flores hedged when asked if Fitzpatrick remains the starter.“We’ll evaluate things over the course of the week,” Flores said, “and as of right now, Ryan is still the starter.”NO MERCY Determined to play to the final gun after allowing a miracle comeback at Miami last year, the Patriots beat the Dolphins 43-0 Sunday.Coach Bill Belichick had Tom Brady still throwing at the end.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGreatest ever?SPORTSBecoming his own manSPORTSFormer PBA import Anthony Grundy passes away at 40“We’re playing 60 minutes,” Belichick said.The Pats did that. They scored twice on interception returns in a two-minute fourth-quarter span, and registered their first shutout since Week 3 of 2016. Minkah Fitzpatrick started at safety for the Dolphins even though he has requested and received permission to seek a trade. He made six tackles.“There’s a saying: ‘I never lose, I just learn.’” Fitzpatrick said. “That’s just what we’ve got to do right now.”BAD DAYPatriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski missed two extra points and a 48-yard field-goal try. He has missed three extra points in the past two seasons, all in Miami.UP NEXTThe Patriots play host to the Jets next Sunday. New England has won the past six meetings.The Dolphins continue their race to the bottom Sunday at the Dallas Cowboys, who have won their past three meetings.“There’s not going to be anybody in this league that’s going to feel sorry for us,” Fitzpatrick said. “So we have to continue to try to get better every day.” Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Brown helped get them going. The Patriots were 18½-point favorites but led only 7-0 late in the first half before Brady hit his newest target for a 20-yard score.They connected four times in all.“It was a good start,” Brady said. “I was just trying to find an open guy. He was snapping off some routes and did a great job.”Brown, who signed Monday, made an 18-yard catch on his first play and finished with 56 yards receiving, all in the first half. He won raves from teammates for his debut.“It was awesome,” receiver Julian Edelman said. “A lot of energy. He’s a playmaker.”ADVERTISEMENT This jewelry designer is also an architect MOST READ Becoming his own man New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown (17) smiles on the sidelines, during the second half at an NFL football game against the Miami Dolphins, Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019, in Miami Gardens, Fla. (AP Photo/Brynn Anderson)MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — When Antonio Brown celebrated his first touchdown with the New England Patriots by vaulting into a first-row luxury box, he didn’t linger.The Patriots had a job to finish.ADVERTISEMENT Canadian vaping study details danger from ‘popcorn lung’ chemical US Open champion Bianca Andreescu feted in hometown DTI creates Marahuyo, a luxe Filipino fashion brand for global buyers Ethel Booba on SEA Games cauldron: ‘Sulit kung corrupt ang panggatong’ Trillanes accused of harassment, hiring social media trolls PLAY LIST 01:38Trillanes accused of harassment, hiring social media trolls00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:11Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon02:07Aquino to Filipinos: Stand up vs abuses before you suffer De Lima’s ordeal01:28Ex-President Noynoy Aquino admits contracting pneumonia00:45Aquino agrees with Drilon on SEA games ‘kaldero’ spending issue Drilon apologizes to BCDA’s Dizon over false claim on designer of P50-M ‘kaldero’ View commentslast_img read more

Court calls Nizam Hazaris MP status legal

first_imgNizam Uddin Hazari. File photoThe High Court on Thursday declared parliament membership of the Awami League’s Nizam Uddin Hazari legal, reports UNB.The single bench of justice Md Abu Zafar Siddique handed down the verdict rejecting the writ petition filed challenging the legality of his parliament membership.On 27 February, the same bench set Thursday for delivering its verdict on completion of the hearing, said Satyaranjon Mandal, lawyer of the petitioner.On 15 January, the single HC bench of justice Farid Ahmed felt embarrassed to hear the petition and sent it to the then acting chief justice Md Abdul Wahhab Miah.Later, the acting chief justice assigned justice Md Abu Zafar Siddique for hearing and disposing of the petition.The High Court felt embarrassed for eight times to hear the writ petition and gave split orders once after hearing the pleas.On 6 December last year, an HC bench delivered the dissenting verdicts on the writ petition challenging the legality of AL MP Nizam Uddin Hazari’s parliament membership.Senior judge of the bench justice Md Emdadul Huq declared the election of the Feni-2 constituency MP illegal while junior judge justice FRM Nazmul Ahsan rejected the petition.In 2014, Shakhawat Hossain Bhuiyan, a Jubo League leader of Feni, filed the writ petition with the HC attaching a newspaper report of 10 May 2014, stating that Nizam Uddin Hazari had been awarded 10 years’ imprisonment in an arms case, but had been freed from prison two years and 10 months before his jail term was completed.last_img read more

Elon Musk Is Sending 2 Wealthy Individuals to the Moon

first_imgFebruary 28, 2017 Enroll Now for Free This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Nowcenter_img 2 min read It’s been 45 years since anyone has traveled to the moon. On Dec. 7, 1972, NASA launched its final moon mission, making Apollo 17 crew members Eugene A. Cernan, Harrison H. Schmitt and Ronald E. Evans the last three members of a very select club.But if Elon Musk has his way, that will change soon.The SpaceX CEO announced yesterday that the company had been tapped to send two private citizens on a trip around the moon in 2018, which would bring the grand total of lunar travelers to 26. Related: Watch Elon Musk’s View of the SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket LandingFly me to the moon … Okhttps://t.co/6QT8m5SHwn— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 27, 2017There is no word yet on who the intrepid explorers will be, but we’re guessing that they have pretty deep pockets, as SpaceX noted that the mystery duo has “paid a significant deposit” to make the mission possible. More information will be revealed provided the individuals pass the rigorous fitness and health tests.SpaceX isn’t doing this alone. The mission is part of its ongoing partnership with NASARelated: SpaceX Pushes Back Mars Mission TimelineThe company recently announced that it revised its Mars mission timeline, with the first robotic mission to the red planet on track to take place in 2020 rather than 2018. Earlier this month, SpaceX also conducted a successful launch and landing of its Falcon 9 rocket at Cape Canaveral and sent a supplies delivery to the International Space Station.The lunar travelers will be sent into space with the company’s Falcon Heavy rocket, which will have its first test flight this summer. Meanwhile, SpaceX will also test the spacecraft that it hopes will carry astronauts to the ISS in 2018 later this year.last_img read more