1 Chris Wood scored the first goal under Steve Evans’ management Steve Evans had to settle for a point as he began life as the new Leeds United manager with a 1-1 draw away to Fulham.It was Fulham who opened the scoring in the 23rd minute when former Leeds man Ross McCormack set up Moussa Dembele to score with a right-footed finish.It took 63 minutes, but the first goal of Evans’ tenure came through Chris Wood from the penalty spot after Ben Pringle handled the ball in the area as the game ended level.Elsewhere, play-off chasers Wolves suffered their second consecutive defeat as they fell 2-0 at home to Brentford.The deadlock was broken after only 16 minutes when Marco Djuricin finished into the top corner after good work from Alan Judge.And as Wolves pushed for the equaliser, Brentford struck again with only three minutes of normal time remaining when Philipp Hofmann latched on to John Swift’s header to claim the three points.The final Championship game of the night ended goalless between Blackburn Rovers and Derby County at Ewood Park, meaning the Rams remain outside of the play-off places on goal difference alone.
Since its inception in 1992, only five clubs have won the Premier League.Man United dominated much of the 90s, with Blackburn temporarily stopping them in 1995.Arsenal pushed United in the latter part of the decade and early part of the 21st century, with Chelsea and then Man City making their mark later.And with the 2015/16 season wide open, forget who you think will win and let us know who you WANT to see crowned champions in May by voting below. PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM OF THE WEEKEND 2 2 Who do you WANT to win the Premier League
Chelsea interim boss Guus Hiddink has admitted Chelsea need to see the ‘old’ Eden Hazard more regularly, after Roy Keane offered his scathing opinion of the under-performing Belgium star.The Blues winger has looked a completely different player this term to the man who was named the Premier League Player of the Season last year.Hazard scored 19 goals for Chelsea last season, but has netted just once so far this term – failing to score completely from open play.He has come under fire from fans and press for his lack of performances, with former Manchester United and Republic of Ireland captain Roy Keane the latest to slam the forward.“If I was a team-mate of his I would kick him up and down the training pitch,” he told ITV this week.Hiddink refused to directly address Keane’s comments, but did admit that Hazard needs to do more.“I remember once he had a sprint on our right-hand side [against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Tuesday],” Hiddink said.“That’s the old Hazard and we hope to see that more frequently.“He’s showing once, but he can show more. He’s aware of that. Now it’s up to him to step up.”Hazard on Monday, the eve of the Champions League tie, spoke of it being difficult to turn down a move to PSG, although he reiterated he was under contract at Stamford Bridge until 2020.And Hiddink, who has had ‘small conversations’ with Hazard about his comments, has no reason to suspect the Belgian is agitating for a move.“He’s very keen to be here, he’s extended his contract, his family is happy here,” Hiddink added. 1 Chelsea winger Eden Hazard
Six months after the violent May Day confrontation between LAPD officers and hundreds of peaceful immigration protesters, the top internal affairs investigator told a skeptical Police Commission Tuesday that most of the officers who used force that day have been identified and discipline proceedings are expected to start by next year. Deputy Chief Mark Perez, head of the department’s Professional Standards Bureau, did not say how many officers or supervisors have been targeted for discipline, but said 48 officers have been interviewed regarding use of force. “We have a good idea of which officers used force,” he said. “Our problem is matching officers who used force with complaints.” More than 300 complaints were filed over officer behavior that day, including 27 from members of the media. The incident occurred May 1 at MacArthur Park when Los Angeles Police Department officers shot more than 100 rounds of rubber bullets into a crowd with women and children as they tried to disperse a peaceful immigration march. Images of riot-clad police shoving reporters and cameramen were broadcast around the world and forced Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to cut short a trade trip. In its own report released earlier this month, the LAPD found poor planning, weak leadership and failed communication were to blame for the chaos. Attorneys for several protesters injured during the fracas have criticized internal affairs investigators for treating protesters like suspects. Perez said all officers identified as using force that day, regardless if there was a complaint against them, will face discipline.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.“Since there was nothing distinctive about the officers that day – all the officers pretty much look the same to the public – citizens have only been able to aid in identification of a few officers,” Perez said. But after more than 6,000 hours of investigations and several hearings, commissioners voiced frustration, saying there should be evidence to discipline officers involved in the high-profile beatings captured on tape. “It seems like the overall investigation is complex,” Commissioner Shelley Freeman said. But “some of them strike me as no-brainers frankly, and I am wondering why we wouldn’t prioritize some of the simple ones.” Perez defended the pace of the investigation, saying that looking at a single confrontation alone takes officers’ actions that day out of context. “We don’t prioritize just based on what looks easy to do,” he said. “You don’t set it aside and process it when it’s related to so many things.”
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsFor more news and observations about crime in Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley, check out the Daily News’ crime blog by clicking here. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! A 20-something woman wounded in the head just west of downtown Los Angeles in a gang-related shooting was in critical condition today, police said. The shooting in the 400 block of North Lafayette Park Place occurred about 2:30 p.m. yesterday, said Karen Smith of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Media Relations Section. The woman, whose name was withheld, was taken to a hospital in critical condition and underwent surgery, said Sgt. Melvin Gamble of the Rampart Station. It was unclear what made police believe the shooting was gang-related.
HUNDREDS OF workers across the county fear wage cuts tomorrow as the new minimum wage comes into force.Donegal Family Resource Centre has launched a scathing attack on the cut.Jim Mclaughlin says the reduction in the minimum wage from €8.65 to €7.65 per hour will devastate on families and individuals who are already suffering from financial strain. He is urging businesses not to hit the worst paid workers in the county.He says the cut is another blow to people whose wages have already been reduced since January due to the implementation of the universal social charge.Mr McLaughlin is encouraging anyone experiencing difficulties to contact voluntary organisations for help.* Have you been affected? Email email@example.com DONEGAL WORKERS FEARS GROW AS MINIMUM WAGE CUT HIT LOOMS was last modified: January 31st, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Proud Derek shows off his award to his childrenTHE chef of a top Co Donegal restaurant has been named Chef of the Year in the prestigious annual Georgina Campbell Awards 2015Chef of the Year went to Derek Creagh of Harry’s Restaurant in Bridgend who only arrived there this year, having previously worked with Hestor Blumenthal and other luminaries in Britain.Mr Creagh is now overseeing both this restaurant and the newer Harry’s Shack at Portstewart in Co Derry. Georgina Campbell said he was “the complete opposite of the stereotypical ambition-crazed chef and enjoys dropping in to his Mum for a cuppa on the way home from making a few hundred more customers very happy”. DEREK CELEBRATES BEING NAMED CHEF OF THE YEAR was last modified: October 8th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Chef of the YearGeorgina CampbellHarry’s Restaurant
Michael Owen has become a pundit since retiring in 2013 Michael Owen’s time as a pundit and co-commentator has been far from popular with the majority of viewers.The former Liverpool forward has been the butt of many jokes with calls for his removal from the commentary box coming after almost every game.One particular comment from Owen that riled social media users was his assertion that he was ‘born in the wrong era’ following reports that Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants £600,000-a-week when he leaves Paris Saint-Germain in the summer.Owen was on approximately £110,000-a-week when Newcastle were relegated as well as playing for some of the world’s richest clubs in Manchester United, Liverpool and Real Madrid.His net worth just reportedly just shy of £50m, which caused many Twitter users to call out Owen on his comments.See the best reaction to ex-England striker’s latest commentary gaff! 1
Danny Murphy has told talkSPORT he was ‘shocked and disappointed’ by the way Spurs acted in their draw with Chelsea on Monday, insisting that Mousa Dembele needs to accept any punishment which comes his way.The Belgian midfielder was at the centre of the action in a fiery performance, which saw Spurs handed nine yellow cards, while being lucky to finish the game with all 11 men on the pitch.The rest of his teammates were putting in some questionable tackles, but Dembele appeared to commit a less than sporting act, gouging at Diego Costa’s eye.The 28-year-old has been charged for his actions, but Murphy was surprised with Dembele and his Tottenham teammates.Murphy played alongside the Belgian for two seasons at Fulham, and believes that if Mauricio Pochettino’s players had been slightly more disciplined, they could actually have won the game at Stamford Bridge.Speaking on the Colin Murray show, Murphy said: “I was really surprised that he got that flustered; he is so cool and calm.“Don’t get me wrong, I know Costa could have an argument in an empty house, but I was really shocked and disappointed in a way because if they had been a bit more disciplined they might have sneaked the game.”Murphy insists Dembele needs to be aware he committed a violent act, urging the Spurs star to accept whatever punishment is handed to him.“Whatever’s coming he’s got to take on the chin because he can’t be doing that.”
Luis Suarez hit a hat-trick as Barcelona won La Liga 1 Barcelona have ended the season as champions of Spain, beating Granada 3-0 on the final day to fight off Real Madrid’s challenge.Despite a wobble last month, the Catalans have undoubtedly been the best La Liga team this season, and have played some of the most exhilarating football the beautiful game has ever seen.The two Madrid clubs posed a threat for much of the campaign, but Atletico dropped out of the race last weekend, and Real were relying on Luis Enrique’s men to mess up against Granada as they faced off against Deportivo.SEE ALSO: Watch all the goals as Real Madrid beat Deportivo here!However, Barca were in control from the first minute, and they eased to victory courtesy of three Luis Suarez goals.The Uruguyan took his La Liga tally up to 40 for the season, claiming the Pichichi Trophy in the process.You can watch the hat-trick below…