Real Madrid captain Ramos open to playing for Spain in Olympicsby Carlos Volcano15 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid captain Sergio Ramos admits he’d be open to playing for Spain in the 2020 Olympics.Spain have never usually opted for such veteran players to make up their Olympic squads, but this seems to be something Ramos is really keen on.El Mundo reports that this would be a dream for the centre-back.”If the chance to go to Tokyo comes up, it would be tremendously exciting for him,” is the view of those close to the player.Spain have already qualified thanks to the Under-21s’ performances at this summer’s UEFA European Under-21 Championship and each competing nation is permitted to include three over-23s in their Olympic squad. About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
MADRID – Catalonia’s political leaders plan to bring a legal challenge to prevent the Spanish government from removing them from office and taking over running the region to stop its push for independence, a regional spokesman said Tuesday.Appeals will be lodged in Spain’s constitutional and Supreme courts against Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy’s decision to sack Catalonia’s government and curtail the regional parliament’s powers, regional government spokesman Jordi Turull said.If the regional government is not successful in Spanish courts, it will pursue the case in international courts, Turull said.Spain’s Senate is expected to approve Rajoy’s plans on Friday, triggering previously untapped constitutional powers to act against Catalan leaders accused of violating the law by holding a secession referendum and preparing to declare independence.“We are going to respond in a very solid way,” Turull said at the end of the regional government’s weekly cabinet meeting. “We will exhaust all internal ways in order to turn to the international justice if needed.”Catalan separatist leader Carles Puigdemont has a last chance this week to defend his case before Senate members, and some speculate he may do so Thursday or Friday — when he could cross paths with Rajoy.But Puigdemont could pull a surprise by instead attending a meeting at the regional parliament in Barcelona Thursday, where he could declare independence.There’s also speculation that Puigdemont may alternatively call an early regional election and avoid central government intervention.Calling such an election would indicate that Catalonia was willing to return to the fold and act under Spanish laws, rather than flout them by declaring independence.Justice Minister Rafael Catala said Tuesday that Puigdemont must state he is willing to abide by Spanish laws and also clarify if he declared independence in an ambiguous speech he gave Oct. 10. The speech followed a banned referendum that the Catalan leader said gave him a mandate to secede.More details about the effect the political crisis is having on Catalonia emerged Tuesday when Caixabank, Spain’s third-largest bank, reported it suffered a “moderate” but temporary run on deposits due to the crisis over the region’s independence bid.The bank transferred its headquarters from Catalonia to the Valencia region on Oct. 6.Presenting the company’s earnings for the first time in the city of Valencia, CEO Gonzalo Gortazar declined to give details on the value of the withdrawn deposits, but said the losses had “been reversed” and the bank continued to grow.Gortazar said the headquarters relocation was definitive. Local media reports quoted him as saying the bank does not currently plan to move any jobs out of Catalonia.A second bank, Sabadell, and more than a thousand other companies have moved their official bases out of Catalonia to ensure they could continue operating under European Union laws if Catalonia breaks away from Spain.____Parra contributed from Barcelona, Spain. Associated Press writer Barry Hatton in Lisbon, Portugal contributed to this report.
NEW DELHI: Three political parties — the Bharatiya Janata Party, the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party — have been booked for defacement of public property in various areas of the national capital, Delhi Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Ranbir Singh said on Monday. “Total 16 First Information Reports (FIRs) have been registered under Defacement of Public Property Act which is also a violation of model code of conduct. Nine FIRs were lodged against the AAP, six against the BJP and one against the Congress,” Singh said, adding that the matters are related to the West, North and New Delhi districts.”The Delhi Election Commission in its special drive, between March 10 and 24, booked total 28,113 people under the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) and the Delhi Police Act. A total of 169 illegal guns and 2,198 cartridges have been seized and 51 FIRs were registered for violation of Model Code of Conduct,” Singh said. “Our 210 flying squad and ground teams are removing posters, banners and other outdoor advertisement material in entire Delhi. Around 2 lakh banners, posters and hoardings were removed,” Delhi’s CEO said. Praveer Ranjan, State Nodel Officer of Election said: “Delhi Police on Sunday booked around 50-60 persons for violating the Model Code of Conduct for displaying the signage boards of a political party in Connaught Place area outside a Metro station.” Speaking about a group of people who were displaying a board written ‘Chowkidaar’ on it at IGI-airport, Singh said that he will look into the matter and will take action as per the law. Singh also requested people to get themselves enrolled in the voters’ list as the last date for applying for Voter ID cards whether offline or online — April 12 — is approaching. He also appealed to youth to reschedule their outstation trips according to the election schedule. “Currently we have over 2 lakh people under the age group of 18-19 in Delhi. People who have planned any outstation trip are requested to cancel or reschedule it after or before polling date — May 12,” CEO of Delhi said. “Currently we have 1,40,25,415 voters registered in Delhi,” he added. He said 425 FIRs have been registered so far under the Excise Act and 424 persons have been registered for violation of the Excise Act. Over 1.68 lakh quarters of illicit liquor has also been seized, he added.
Jammu: The Indian and Pakistani armies traded heavy fire on the Line of Control (LoC) on Friday in Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district, the Defence Ministry said. “At about 8.30 a.m., Pakistan initiated unprovoked shelling using mortars and firing small arms along the LoC in Sawjian sector,” Ministry spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Devender Anand said. The Indian Army retaliated “befittingly”, he added. Intermittent firing exchanges were still going on.
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday said that they have arrested a person, who tried to sell arms during election time in order to get good money, was arrested from Dwarka. Police identified the accused as Vishal (22).He was arrested near the park, in Dwarka South. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka) Anto Alphonse said that Vishal fell in the bad company at an early age, he started taking liquor and smoked costly cigarettes. As he did not get enough money for his addictions and to spend on his girlfriend, he started looking for alternative income and discussed various options with his friends. Also Read – Odd-Even: CM seeks transport dept’s views on exemption to women, two wheelers, CNG vehicles”He developed the idea of selling the firearms in election seasons. He purchased two pistols and two live rounds in Rs. 20,000/- from a boy and also got one imitating pistol and started looking for prospective buyers. He was looking for a buyer for the illegal firearms but was nabbed,” police said. The arrest was made by the team of Special Staff Dwarka led by Inspector Naveen Kumar. Three held in robbery case Three accused who committed robbery in police uniform were nabbed from Swaroop Nagar, police said on Wednesday. Also Read – More good air days in Delhi due to Centre’s steps: JavadekarPolice identified the accused as Sombir (24), Gaurav (18) and Pawan (23). Keeping in view of forthcoming General Election, patrolling and pickets have been enhanced in Outer-North District Roko-Toko scheme is being implemented. In the evening of April 30, the accused were nabbed. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer North) Gaurav Sharma said that on April 10, they had committed a robbery of Rs. 1.5 Lakh.
Quinn Pitcock Dallas Lauderdale Last week: 3-1 Overall: 12-5 Picks: Ohio State, Michigan State, Florida James Laurinaitis Last week: 3-1 Overall: 12-5 Picks: Ohio State, Michigan State, Florida Last week: 3-1 Overall: 9-8 Picks: Ohio State, Michigan State, Florida Zack Meisel Last week: 3-1 Overall: 12-5 Picks: Ohio State, Michigan, Florida Little changed standings-wise last week, as all five participants in the Weekly Picks Challenge correctly predicted three out of the four games. This week, the only game featuring different predictions is Michigan State-Michigan. Justin Zwick remains atop the leaderboard with a 14-3 overall record. A three-way tie for second place has James Laurinaitis, Dallas Lauderdale and defending champion Quinn Pitcock at 12-5. THIS WEEK’S GAMES Indiana @ No. 2 Ohio State No. 17 Michigan State @ No. 18 Michigan No. 14 LSU @ No. 12 Florida Last week: 3-1 Overall: 12-5 Picks: Ohio State, Michigan, Florida Justin Zwick
Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo and his teammates celebrated their Italian Super Cup success with Floyd Mayweather.Ronaldo scored the only goal of the game as the Bianconeri beat AC Milan 1-0 after the match was controversially staged at Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.The former Real Madrid star scored 15 minutes after half-time, heading home Miralem Pjanic’s dinked cross to give the Juventus their first trophy of the season.It was also Max Allegri’s’ first success in the competition since 2015, having lost the two previous last Italian Super Cup games.The Juventus players were congratulated in the dressing room by boxing superstar Mayweather.Speaking post-game, Ronaldo said, according to Mirror Football :“It was a very difficult match, it’s very warm and hard to play in these conditions.”Lukaku backed to beat Ronaldo in Serie A scoring charts Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Former Inter Milan star Andy van der Meyde is confident Romelu Lukaku will outscore Cristiano Ronaldo in this season’s Serie A.“We played well, created a lot of chances and obviously I am happy to have scored the winning goal.”“It was my intention to start 2019 with a trophy, I have my first title with Juve and I am very happy.”“But it is only the start, we will take it one step at a time. We’ve got this trophy, now we must keep working hard to achieve the next one.”But despite the near certainty of winning this season’s title, Ronaldo insists he and his teammates have no intention of getting complacent.“Serie A is always Juve’s main objective,” he added.“We are top of the table, but it’s a very long tournament.”“It’s going to be tough, so we need to keep working.”
Seward Highway drivers should expect intermittent road closures and flagging operations at mile 68.7, the Turnagain Pass area, throughout the night due to flooding. The road closures were scheduled to start this evening, Oct. 24, to replace culverts under the road. This work will now take place next spring. Original Story: http://www.radiokenai.us/reminder-overnight-closures-on-the-seward-highway-start-today/ Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Due to extreme weather on the Seward Highway, scheduled road closures for mile 84.6 and 86.1 has been cancelled according a release from the Department of Transportation. Workers will be pumping water across the road, so both lanes need to be closed for the work. For updates, visit 511.Alaska.gov.