RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina Democratic state senator has announced he’s running for the U.S. Senate in 2022. Jeff Jackson unveiled his bid Tuesday. He’s the second high-profile Democrat to enter the race to succeed Republican Sen. Richard Burr, who isn’t seeking reelection. Former state Sen. Erica Smith is running again after an unsuccessful campaign for the Democratic nomination in 2020. Republican incumbent Thom Tillis won in November, extending the GOP’s winning streak in Senate elections in North Carolina to four. Former Republican U.S. Rep. Mark Walker is also running for Burr’s seat. Jackson says he plans to ultimately visit all 100 counties.
Share Honorable Minister for Health and Social Services,Dr. Irving McIntyreThe Hon Health Minister, Dr Irving McIntyre says the Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO) has scored Dominica’s readiness for a medical emergency or outbreak at close to 80%.He was speaking in the House of Parliament last week when he gave details on the status of tuberculosis cases dispelling reports of a silenced outbreak.“Yes, last year we had eleven cases of tuberculosis, this year we have five cases: three cases were confirmed, two cases are inconclusive and one case passed away. But our lab has the gene expert testing for tuberculosis,” Dr McIntyre said.“Sometimes the issue with tuberculosis is a stock-out; there are certain drugs you need to prevent multi-drug resistant tuberculosis…we have taken it a step further and got 5,000 of those tablets so that the idea of a stock-out doesn’t exist anymore.”He also reported on the dengue outbreak of 2019 when he said there were 30 new cases weekly compared to this year’s 11 so far.Hospital admissions for that illness was at 11 in 2019 and this year, it stands at two cases.He referenced Dominica’s score from PAHO on Dominica’s readiness for an emergency medical disaster or outbreak.Dr McIntyre said, “When PAHO gives you a preparedness of almost 80%, they are using 13 core capacities. In 10 of those capacities, we got 90% and above, it is only in three of them that we were low: legislation, and chemical and radiological preparedness but in all the others we were at 90% and above.”“This is much higher than many other OECS countries. I would rather be wrong with PAHO than right with anyone else,” he insists. Share Sharing is caring! Tweet Share 110 Views no discussions LifestyleLocalNewsPolitics Health Minister: PAHO Gives Dominica 80% Preparedness by: – February 17, 2020
Loading… Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has hit back at comments from La Liga president Javier Tebas relating to the overturning of the club’s European ban. The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) confirmed on Monday that the club had been cleared of “disguising equity funds as sponsorship contributions” and would be allowed to enter into European competitions as normal. Back in February, the club had received a two-year ban from playing in the Champions League or Europa League following a lengthy investigation from UEFA – the governing body of European football, but that decision has now been reversed. Read Also: Giroud edges Chelsea closer to Champions League qualification He is a firm believer that these business models are damaging for football generally and also for clubs in Spain’s top flight. Tebas usually courts controversy and is rarely withdrawn in his comments – he is behind the league’s attempts to play a fixture in the United States and has had a long-running feud with the Spanish FA over that issue and several other matters, including fixture scheduling. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Tebas said on Monday, as quoted by BBC Sport: “We have to reassess whether the CAS is the appropriate body to which to appeal institutional decisions in football. “Switzerland is a country with a great history of arbitration, the CAS is not up to standard.” The Spanish league chief has been outspoken in recent years of Manchester City’s ownership and he had welcomed the decision back in February to ban the club from Europe for two seasons, having accused them of ‘financial doping’. However, Guardiola has now responded directly to the comments from Tebas as he told reporters on Tuesday: “Señor Tebas must be so jealous of the Premier League. “He’s an incredible legal expert. Next time I’ll ask him which judges we have to go to. He has to focus on La Liga. He is one of these people: when the sentence goes for him, it’s perfect, it happened many times in Spain. “When the decision goes against him there are problems. Señor Tebas we will be in the Champions League next season.” The outspoken Tebas has been a long-term critic of both City and French champions Paris Saint-Germain –clubs who are owned by individuals with power in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar respectively. Promoted Content2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year10 Most Evil Female Characters In Disney Movies7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?10 Phones That Can Easily Fit In The Smallest Pocket6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthTop 10 Must-Know Facts About Ivanka Trump11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti