The Latest: No season tickets for Michigan football in 2020

first_img Associated Press July 15, 2020 The athletic department says a final decision will be made after conferring with medical experts, the school’s leadership and the Big Ten Conference, along with government officials and agencies.Michigan’s policies include the elimination of season tickets for the 2020 season. Paperless tickets will be available for individual games to only season ticket holders, not the general public, if there is a season and spectators are given access to the 107,601-seat Michigan Stadium.___The Tennessee Volunteers report multiple positive results for COVID-19 after the university ran a batch of tests last week.The tests were conducted after the Fourth of July holiday weekend. A spokesman confirmed Wednesday that the positive tests spanned “multiple sports.” Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The University of Michigan says fewer fans, if any, will attend games at “The Big House” if the Wolverines play college football games this year.center_img The Latest: No season tickets for Michigan football in 2020 Tennessee previously had two basketball players test positive, with both clearing quarantine. A graduate assistant for the football team tested positive and was quarantined for 14 days.Tennessee is bringing athletes back to campus in phases, with football the first to return on June 8.Josiah-Jordan James, a sophomore guard on the basketball team, spoke to reporters last week about how tough it was seeing two teammates test positive for COVID-19. He said that drove home the seriousness of the pandemic and the need to follow all the safety precautions even when he doesn’t feel like wearing a mask.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sportslast_img read more

World Cup winning Luiz Felipe Scolari returns as Brazil coach

first_imgBrazil have appointed Luiz Felipe Scolari as their new coach.The 64-year-old will lead the five-times World Cup winners into their home tournament in 2014 after the Brazilian Football Confederation announced him as the replacement for the sacked Mano Menezes.Scolari led Brazil to their last World Cup success in 2002 and left his position in charge of Palmeiras earlier this year.The unpopular Menezes was dismissed because Confederation president Jose Maria Marin wanted a new approach ahead of next year’s Confederations Cup and the World Cup and, after initially saying the new man would be appointed in January, the decision was brought forward.Scolari had been the overwhelming favourite to take over given the esteem in which he is held by the public.The former Chelsea boss has plenty of top-level international experience, having led Portugal at the 2006 World Cup and 2004 and 2008 European Championships.Brazil have failed to make it past the quarter-finals of the last two World Cups and nothing less than than another title will be accepted in front of their home fans.Marin said yesterday experience was the key quality he had been looking for in the new appointment. Scolari will be assisted by another World Cup winner with Carlos Alberto Parreira, who led the team to glory in 1994 in the United States, coming in as technical co-ordinator.last_img read more