8,632 people on the Live Register in Donegal

first_img Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Facebook Previous articleDecline in Covid-19 infectious cases at LUHNext articleDeclan Boyle returns to management News Highland Twitter Google+ By News Highland – May 10, 2021 Homepage BannerNews Pinterest Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Donegal’s Live Register figure continues to fall, according to the Central Statistics Office.There were 8,632 people signing on at the end of April across Donegal’s eight local offices, down 3% on the March figure, and down 18% on the same period last year.The steepest fall was recorded in Dunfanaghy, with 548 people signing on at the end of April, down 29%.There were 26% falls recorded in Dungloe, Donegal Town and Killybegs, with figures of 845, 516 and 449 respectively.A 22% fall was recorded in Ballyshannon with 839 people signing on last month, while Letterkenny recorded a figure of 2,601, a fall of 20%.There were 1,563 people signing in Buncrana, a fall of 11%.Ballybofey was the only office to register an increase, with 1,339 people signing on, up 1%.These figures do not include the 13,294 people receiving the Pandemic Unemployment Payment in Donegal.center_img Pinterest Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Facebook DL Debate – 24/05/21 WhatsApp Harps come back to win in Waterford Google+ 8,632 people on the Live Register in Donegal Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic WhatsApplast_img read more

Eviction of Sterling Biotech from its premise stayed

first_imgNew Delhi: The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) has stayed eviction of Sterling Biotech from its premises as the debt-ridden company was going under the insolvency resolution process and was under the moratorium period.A two-member bench headed by NCLAT Chairman Justice S J Mukhopadhaya upheld the order passed by the Mumbai Bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT), which had asked Srei Infrastructure Finance, a financial creditor, to hand over the possession of the A and B wing premises of Laxmi Towers. The appellate tribunal observed that although Sterling Biotech, which is presently going through liquidation, is not the owner of the premises it cannot be ejected or disturbed during the moratorium period as the company has to remain as a going concern.”We hold that the Adjudicating Authority (NCLT) has rightly directed the Appellant to hand over the possession of B’ Wing premises of Lakshmi Towers and rightly prohibited the Appellant from evicting the Corporate Debtor (Sterling Biotech) from A’ Wing premises of Lakshmi Towers,” said NCLAT. However, it also said that “So far as the question as to who is the owner of A’ and B’ Wings premises of Lakshmi Towers and whether the Appellant has any right over the said property, such questions are not required to be determined in the proceeding under the I&B Code’.last_img read more

BC Naturals Resource Forum in Prince George

first_imgPRINCE GEORGE, B.C. – 16th Annual Natural Resource Forum is set to take place January 22nd to the 24th, 2019.The 2019 Program will focus on innovation and collaboration in the resources sector. The event will host moderators, panellists and keynote speakers that are covering a range of topics such as;Innovation and TechnologyUnlocking Potential Within Indigenous CommunitiesMining: Excellence in InnovationsCharting Forestry’s FutureThe Future of Energy – Canada’s OpportunityTransformative Influences in the Resource Sectorand more!The Tradeshow Forum will also include a diverse range of speakers offering informed perspectives on innovation in BC’s resource sector. This is an opportunity to connect with; natural resource delegates interested in developing resource projects; resource companies active in northern BC; consultants; engineering firms; equipment suppliers and service companies; First Nations and communities; government representatives; and labour, trade, and safety professionals. The event includes an opening Banquet on Tuesday evening, the Resource Ministers Breakfast on Wednesday, two Keynote Luncheon, networking breaks and receptions, high-profile speakers and a 72-booth tradeshow.For more information on the forum CLICK HERElast_img read more

PRRD holds special meeting on next steps for Caribou Recovery

first_imgDAWSON CREEK, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District Board held a special meeting on Friday, August 23, to hear about the next steps for Caribou Recovery in the Peace Region.Presenting to the Board on the next steps for Caribou Recovery were Community Liaisons Blair Lekstrom and Lorne Brownsey. Also in attendance was Cassie Doyle of Environment and Climate Change Canada.Brownsey says he was appointed by Premier John Horgan to facilitate an engagement process that aims to establish a pathway to conclude the Caribou Recovery agreements and in a manner that reflects the concerns of all community members. According to Brownsey, they have two goals that focus on the recovery of caribou and ensuring the success of the affected communities, while also maintaining a form of dialogue that will allow community members to have future input on the matter.Doyle says establishing a leadership table and a common knowledge base is important when it comes to Caribou Recovery.“That’s exactly what we were thinking through is a leadership table that would be able to oversee and provide input for the development of the Section 11 and the Partnership Agreements. I think that establishing a common knowledge base is really important to ensure that everything is known, from on the state of the caribou, on the economic analysis, and that is shared and everybody has an opportunity to question the experts that have done that work.”Lekstrom says he remains optimistic that they can develop a path forward, adding that it will take everybody at the table to form a resolution on the Caribou Recovery Program.“I remain optimistic that we can find a path forward but it will take, as it was laid out here, everybody at the table to find that resolution.”The full special meeting can be found on the Regional District’s website.last_img read more

Plan to evade trouble in pollbound districts after Fani barrels into Bengal

first_imgKolkata: The Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of the state Ariz Aftab on Friday held a video conference with the senior election officers in all the poll-bound districts issuing guidelines on how to put in place adequate alternative arrangements if the cyclone ‘Fani’ affects the poll preparation.During his meeting, the CEO also took a stock of the overall arrangements that have been made to handle the crisis. One of the main objectives of the initiative is to ensure that the Election Commission does not face any problem to conduct the polls in the fifth phase. On May 6, elections will be held in Bongaon, Barrackpore, Howrah, Uluberia, Sreerampore, Hooghly and Arambagh. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaAccording to the weather office prediction, a severe cyclone ‘Fani’ will hit the state on late night of May 3 or early morning of May 4. The district election officers will have roughly 24 hours in hand to overcome any emergency situation. The election officials have already spoken to their counterparts in the Election Commission of India in Delhi. The CEO office has instructed the district administrative officials to deploy the disaster management personnel in various places under their districts so that prompt action can be taken in case of any untoward incident. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwaySanjay Basu, additional CEO, on Friday said that they wanted to know from the district election officers if everything was in place as per plan. The district officials have been asked to inspect the Distribution Cum Receiving Centers (DCRC) from time to time. DCRC are generally accommodated in a temporary makeshift structure outside school buildings. The Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) are distributed from the DCRCs. The Election Commission is chalking out an alternative arrangement if the cyclone damages the DCRCs. “We are preparing a second plan so that the DCRCs can be put up inside the school or any other buildings. We have instructed the district election officials to make indoor arrangements if the DCRCs are damaged in the cyclone,” Basu said. He also mentioned that there will be adequate arrangements of vehicles to ferry the polling personnel to the polling stations on Sunday. Measures are being taken so that the poll personnel do not face any difficulties in reaching the polling stations. There will be alternative arrangement of small vehicles to take the poll persons to various places. During a press conference Basu said that the commission has so far received 2352 complaints out of which 113 are in the process of disposal. The Commission has seized 60.50 crore cash and nearly 15 lakh litre of liquor.last_img read more

Jerry Sandusky Victim No 2 Comes Forward Seeks Restitution

Victim No. 2 – the abused boy witnessed by Mike McQueary that eventually led to the demise of arrest of Jerry Sandusky, the demise of the legacy of Joe Paterno and harsh sanctions to the Penn State football program – has come forward after months out of the pubic spotlight.And he has come seeking some form of retribution from the school for the heinous acts committed on him by Sandusky, the former assistant coach convicted of 45 counts of child sex abuse.The man’s lawyers said Thursday they have done an extensive investigation and gathered “overwhelming evidence” on details of the abuse by Sandusky, who used his now-disbanded Second Mile program to recruit victims and the Penn State campus to abuse them.Jurors convicted Sandusky last month of offenses related to so-called Victim 2 largely on the testimony of McQueary, who was a team graduate assistant at the time and witnessed Sandusky’s assault on the youth in the shower of the football training building.“Our client has to live the rest of his life not only dealing with the effects of Sandusky’s childhood sexual abuse, but also with the knowledge that many powerful adults, including those at the highest levels of Penn State, put their own interests and the interests of a child predator above their legal obligations to protect him,” the lawyers said in a news release.They did not name their client. The university said it was taking the case seriously but would not comment on pending litigation.Penn State president Rodney Erickson and the board of trustees, a school spokesman said, “have publicly emphasized that their goal is to find solutions that rest on the principle of justice for the victims.”Trust that Victim No. 2 will not be the only one Sandusky damaged that will come forward seeking financial restitution.The statement from the man’s attorneys said Victim 2 suffered “extensive sexual abuse over many years both before and after the 2001 incident Michael McQueary witnessed.”McQueary testified in December at a hearing that he had seen Sandusky and a boy, both naked, in a team shower after hearing skin-on-skin slapping sounds.“I would have described that it was extremely sexual and I thought that some kind of intercourse was going on,” McQueary said.McQueary reported the abuse to school officials, including Paterno, but none of them told police. In a recent report conducted by former FBI director Louis Freeh and commissioned by Penn State, the investigators excoriated Paterno and the other administrators for not attempting to identify Victim 2, saying it showed “a striking lack of empathy.”Trustees fired Paterno, who since has died, because he failed to do more about claims against Sandusky, and the scathing independent review said several top school officials looked the other way because they were afraid of bad publicity. read more

Dunns dismissal becomes more clear after new details arise

Then-redshirt-sophomore running back Bri’onte Dunn (25) carries the ball during the 2014 OSU Spring Game on at Ohio Stadium.Credit: Lantern file photoThe dismissal of Bri’onte Dunn from the Ohio State football team has become much more clear, as today new details arose about an alleged altercation between Dunn and a woman who is thought to be his girlfriend.Dunn, 23, was dismissed from Urban Meyer’s team on Monday for a “violation of team rules” according to the coach of the Buckeyes. First reported by 10TV, a 911 call placed by the woman early Sunday morning outlined a series of events that ended with a protection order against Dunn and his dismissal from the team. The dialer claimed Dunn had struck her, then began to choke her when she returned some time later.“He hit me the first time at 4:40. I left,” the caller told police. “Then I was just calling my friend and see if I could sleep somewhere and nobody answered. So I made a circle back around and came back here and he was still here. So I came upstairs and I said, ‘You need to leave before I call the cops.’ He saw that I had my phone out cause I was going to try to record it because this isn’t the first time that this has happened and that’s when he started going crazy.”There have been no criminal charges filed against Dunn other than the protection order.Dunn was entering his final year of eligibility with the Scarlet and Gray after graduating at the end of the 2016 Spring Semester. read more

Sergio Aguero is a major doubt for Liverpools clash

first_imgManchester City striker Sergio Aguero is facing a race in time to recover for Manchester City’s top of the table’s clash against Liverpool.The Argentina international grabbed his seventh goal of the season in Saturday’s 2-0 win over Brighton before leaving for Gabriel Jesus.However, Guardiola disclosed Aguero has been nursing the injury he initially suffered against Newcastle at the start of the month.“Sergio is struggling a bit with some problems in his foot,” says Guardiola to Evening Standard. Premier LeaguePremier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“He is not 100 percent. He has not recovered from what happened against Newcastle, and we spoke about playing 60 minutes, and we were lucky he scored at the right moment.”The Spanish manager further explained that Aguero is a major doubt for City’s upcoming fixtures including next Sunday’s Premier League showdown with Liverpool.“It is a problem, but he needs time. Now we have two games left before the international break, and hopefully, he can do those two and then make a final recovery.“But he is not in his best condition right now physically because of the problem in his foot.”last_img read more