NewsLocal NewsYouth charged with attempted murderBy admin – October 20, 2010 616 Print Advertisement Email Twitter Linkedin EMOTIONAL scenes surrounded the Children’s Court when a Limerick teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged with the attempted murder of a 16-year-old boy, the victim of an alleged attack at a Corbally petrol station in July of this year. The 17-year-old was arrested on Friday, July 23, the date of the alleged incident, and was originally charged with assault causing serious harm, and on this Tuesday, he was further charged with attempted murder. Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The accused, who was originally remanded in custody to St Patrick’s Institution after the HSE told the court that they did not have “suitable accommodation” for him, returned to court this Tuesday when Det Gda Andrew Lacey cautioned and charged him at 15:50pm in front of his HSE case worker.He was further remanded in custody to St Patrick’s Institution, with the directions of the DPP to send him forward for trial on indictment to the Central Criminal Court. Solicitor for the accused, Darrach McCarthy, had told the court that his client had been under a voluntary care order to the HSE, had been taken into care and was being brought to a suitable residence in O’Brien’s Bridge at the time of the alleged incident.The Children’s Court had previously denied bail due to the very serious nature of the charges, with the HSE having stated they did not have suitable accommodation for the youth who had not been before the courts prior to the alleged incident.Mr McCarthy had said that his client needed the “assistance of the HSE now more than ever,” and that the charges were “preventing him getting that care”. Facebook WhatsApp Previous articleHungary’s expert dentistry serviceNext articleMurphy and Toner will look to be capped this Autumn admin
Print Facebook Twitter Previous articleAMAX poised to bring 100 jobsNext article100 jobs on way from AMAX Guest Writerhttp://www.limerickpost.ie TAGScomedycomedy clubCoors LightCorballyFor Feck SakeHollywoodjennifer HartnettlimerickLos AngelesScrabbleUSAWeight Watchers Young Social Innovators award for St Munchin’s Ross O’Carroll-Kelly is back and you’re invited! Des Bishop celebrates his mother with ‘Mia Mamma’ Farmer Michael and Kathleen: If you don’t laugh, you’ll cry Email WhatsApp Advertisement by Aoife [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up LIMERICK comic Jennifer Hartnett is making funny news for 2015.The Corbally woman, who moved stateside 13 years ago, has started production on her very own news show through YouTube Studios. Jennifer has been back on Eastern shores no less that 24 hours after her Christmas visit home, and has already started to work on the project.Jennifer told the Limerick Post “I pitched the idea to YouTube Studios myself as well as a couple of other comics. I want to use comic commentators to do smart material on current events. The goal is to use comedy to educate. I feel people don’t engage politically because they don’t have the confidence. So this will be a satirical news show covering many topics like health, news, politics etc.”Its about making international content entertaining whilst phasing out the Kardashians and other ridiculous pop-culture acts.”As well as being a comic, Jennifer is a model and actress who is currently in a national commercial for Weight Watchers in the US. She has also featured in commercials for Hooters, Coors Light, Hollywood Jeans and a funny instructional video for SCRABBLE (HASBRO) which received over 800,000 hits on BuzzFeed.She is signed with Osbrink one of the largest commercial agencies in the US and 90210 Talent agency in Los Angeles. She also hosts her own show “For Feck Sake” at clubs throughout California including the world famous Comedy Store on Sunset Boulevard.Jennifer revealed a segment for her news show which she said she is quite excited about. “It’s called Luscious Ladies Liquored Literary Society or LLLLS. It will be a book club about non-fiction books. Smart books, political books, but to make it funny.”“The first production meeting for the show is this week and then it will be a few weeks before we begin shooting. I won’t do anything with the show until it’s perfect and I am happy with everything,” she said.Jennifer has already kicked off her busy New Year with a bang by presenting awards at the 2015 Mobile Excellence Awards at YouTube Studios in Los Angeles on Tuesday night.Speaking about her departure back to California, Jennifer said: “The sky is the limit in L.A but I must admit I do miss my home, I miss my friends and family. It’s great to come home.”Go to www.jenniferhartnett.com for news and updates. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Standup and take a punchline at UCH Limerick Linkedin Ten Years since that Guy slipped on the Ice on TV EntertainmentComedyNewsLocal NewsJennifer brings Limerick laughter to Los AngelesBy Guest Writer – January 19, 2015 1000
The new Spruce Camp Base Lodge will include restaurants, abar & lounge, indoor & outdoor fireplaces, rental & repair shops,retail, tickets, and year-round conference & event space. The beautifullydesigned building is located adjacent to the new ‘Over Easy’gondola, providing convenient access to the slopes of both Spruce and Mount Mansfield. The opening date for the new Base Lodgeis next ski season, 2008/2009. About Spruce Peakat StoweSpruce Peakat Stowe, which is being developed by AIG Global Real Estate, is a newslope-side community that is well underway at the base of SprucePeak and Mt.Mansfield in Stowe, Vermont. The intimate alpine neighborhood will boast enviable homes for purchase, aworld-class spa and wellness center, an 18-hole golf course, performing artscenter, dining and retail esplanade, swimming pool, ice skating rink and a newluxury hotel, Stowe Mountain Lodge, which will be the centerpiece of thecommunity. Tim Engelberth, project manager for Engelberth Constructionstated “The truss erection could not have been achieved without thedetermination and dedication of our crews and subcontractors who met our weeklymilestones. During January and early February, tasks such as shovelingsnow off the ground and metal decks, moving blankets to protect footing pours,and building tents and enclosures for wall and slab pours, all were criticalactivities that insured that the structure was ready to accept thetrusses.” Of the more than 2,000 acres of landat Spruce Peak at Stowe, only 35 will be used for development, demonstrating agenuine commitment to environmental stewardship while creating year-roundrecreational opportunities for residents and visitors to Stowe. www.sprucepeak.com(link is external) Engelberth Achieves Truss Setting Milestoneat Spruce Camp Stowe, Vermont: Engelberth Construction, Inc. of Colchester marked a major milestone at the endof February on the new Spruce Camp Base Lodge at Spruce Peak. Over the course of the winter, the future base lodge that will serve as StoweMountain Resort’s primary source for skier services rose out from underneaththe heavy snows as crews began erecting the main timber trusses of the 80-footclear span octagon timber frame. About Engelberth ConstructionEngelberth Construction, Inc., is a ConstructionManager/General Contractor with full-service offices in Colchester,Vermont, and Keene, New Hampshire. Engelberth employs over 230 people on projects throughout Vermont,New Hampshire and Massachusetts. ### Crews began setting the Douglas-fir heavy timber rooftrusses on February 21. While the temperature was a cold four degrees,the skies were blue with minimal wind, allowing for crews to work safely andefficiently. Two cranes were utilized during the setting of the trusses,as well as a combination of four scissor/boom lifts. The operationinvolved approximately 22+ people throughout the day. Karen RouseMarketing CoordinatorEngelberth Construction, Inc.463 Mountain View DriveColchester, VT 05446Direct: 802.846.2328Direct Fax: 802.419.1728www.engelberth.com(link is external)
To begin, a brief public service announcement: The 2010-2011 USC men’s basketball team is not very good. You might have noticed this, particularly if you ventured to the corner of Jefferson and Figueroa Saturday night.USC has lost six of its last nine games. In the current calendar year, it has yet to win back-to-back games. And presently, it ranks eighth in a conference, which has an RPI rating just a notch above that of Conference USA.In short, it’s tough to mention USC and the NCAA Tournament in the same breath without uttering the word “out.”Despite early postseason aspirations, it has become increasingly difficult to envision a scenario in which the Trojans secure a berth in the Big Dance without winning next month’s Pac-10 tournament. And doing so won’t be easy.If Saturday’s 61-51 loss at the hands of Oregon provided any lessons to the cardinal-clad fans in attendance, it served as a stark reminder of how inefficient USC has become, namely on offense.Through the first 20 minutes of the contest, the Trojans amassed a mere 19 points, shooting a combined 25 percent while simultaneously setting offensive basketball back 25 years.“I don’t drink coffee, but I might as well start now,” remarked an NBA scout sitting near press row.To put it plainly: There wasn’t much production from USC. Outside of junior forward Nikola Vucevc’s 22 points, the next highest figure came from freshman guard Maurice Jones and senior guard Donte Smith, who each finished with nine. Collectively, they shot 36 percent from the field, in addition to an assist-to-turnover ratio of 5:4. Impressive, huh?“We’re not going to win many games scoring 50,” said USC coach Kevin O’Neill. “That’s all I can say about that.”Safe to say, USC’s offensive problems have become glaringly obvious in recent weeks. Too many missed 3-point attempts from a group that faces sagging 2-3 zone defenses night after night. Too many possessions in which swinging the ball on the perimeter takes the better part of the 35-second shot clock. Too many missed layups from players who are said to have “NBA potential.”When the Trojans nearly upset then-No. 3 Kansas in mid-December, when they looked like a team that could possibly finish in the upper-echelon of the Pac-10, they saw multiple players scoring in double figures. They appeared capable of putting points on the scoreboard at least somewhat consistently.Nowadays, they just seem gassed. Of USC’s 12 losses this season, seven have come on Saturdays, typically two days removed from a Thursday night Pac-10 game. As has been well-documented, USC utilizes a seven-man rotation, and now it seems the lack of depth has caught up with O’Neill’s bunch.The second-year headman, however, has nonetheless resisted the urge to cite the team’s shortage of bodies as an excuse for the recent downward trend.“To me, fatigue shouldn’t be a factor,” O’Neill said. “I’d like to make that excuse. But to me, there’s no excuse to be made. If you don’t get the job done, you don’t get the job done.”But where O’Neill wishes to point his finger is his prerogative.Depth is a serious issue, and that has become plainly evident during the team’s most recent slide. Not necessarily just in terms of players playing too many minutes, but in terms of lineup options.The roster, as currently constructed, doesn’t have any wing players who can score on a consistent basis. Senior forward Marcus Simmons averages 4.8 points per game. Freshman forward Garrett Jackson, who is already playing more minutes than anticipated, averages 4.1 points per game. Neither is, by Pac-10 standards, a consistent scoring threat.There isn’t a backup center or power forward to alleviate some of the pressure placed on Vucevic or senior center Alex Stepheson. And there really isn’t a pass-first point guard on the roster either.This isn’t meant as a knock on the current group.If there were another player or two, maybe they’d be in contention for the Big Dance. Heck, maybe even if freshman guard Bryce Jones were still on the roster, they’d be closing in on 20 wins.But that’s not the case. This is essentially a seven-man team, and based on what transpired Saturday night, it’s missing quite a few pieces.Through 25 games, this team’s identity is more than evident: It’s a middle-of-the-road Pac-10 basketball team, if that, and it has a long way to go before it goes dancing in March.“The 19th Hole” runs Mondays. To comment on this article e-mail Joey at [email protected] or visit dailytrojan.com.
David Gillick, Brian Gregan and Craig Lynch will compete in the 400 metres heats starting around twenty five to one.At five past two Thomas Barr and Paul Byrne compete in the 400 metres Hurdles. Tomas Cotter of Dunleer makes his senior championship debut in the 3,000 metres steeplechase at five to five. Claire Mooney from Naas and Sinead Denny go in the 400 metres at ten past twelve.Wicklow women Fionnuala McCormack and Tara Jameson run in the women’s 10,000 metres final at six.